Born In: New Jersey (exit 9 off the turnpike) and lived there until I was 18
Lives Now: Tampa, FL
Where I work: Kelby Media Group
Occupation: Photoshop Guy, Photography and Photoshop Instructor, and Professional Photographer
Random Stuff I’m Proud Of:
• Amazon.com’s Editors Picked my Photoshop Compositing Secrets Book as One of Their “Best Books of 2011″ in the art and photography category.
• While I’ve been featured in many online webcasts and shows, I made my national TV debut in December 2012 on the Hallmark Channel. I was featured in a segment, along with an Adobe Lightroom demo, on the Home and Family show hosted by Mark Steines and Cristina Ferrare.
• My Photoshop Layers Book and Photoshop Compositing books have both been best sellers in their categories.
• I serve on an advisory board to Adobe to help give input on the future of their products and software.
• My personal custom Lightroom presets are actually featured in Adobe Lightroom itself.
What I do: Besides being a dad and a husband with an amazing family, I’m a “Photoshop Guy” for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. Basically, I write books, magazine articles, blogs, create video tutorials, DVDs, online training, and anything else you can think of when it comes to teaching people about Photoshop and digital photography. I also co-host two weekly video podcasts. I gotta say, its my dream job. Not the one I dreamed about when I was a kid of course, but just as good – I’m fortunate enough to totally love going to work every day.
Things I like to do: I love hanging out with my two sons Ryan and Justin. I also enjoy golf (don’t get to do it enough), TaeKwonDo, jogging, photography, Texas Hold-em poker nights, video games, movies. You know, the usual stuff.
Little Known Fact: Currently a 1st degree black belt in Taekwondo and train about 4-5 times per week. I recently won 1st place for the Florida State Titles in Sparring, Forms and Weapons for 2012 in the Men’s 30-39 division.
Random Tidbit #1: I can remember every word, to every song, to just about every 80′s glam-rock hairband there was, but I can’t seem to remember where I put my car keys every day when I get home.
Random Tidbit #2: I used to sell Caterpillar Construction equipment when I got out of college.
Random Tidbit #3: I once got a hole-in-one in golf, on a 150 yard par 3. Truth be told, it was on a mulligan but I had three friends there to witness it and I still call it a hole-in-one (hey, you would too!).