Born In: New Jersey (exit 9 off the turnpike) and lived there until I was 18
Lives Now: Tampa, FL
Where I work: ON1 Inc.
Occupation: Professional Photographer and Vice President of Photography at ON1 Inc.
Random Stuff I’m Proud Of:
• Currently a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo and train about 4-5 times per week. I recently won 1st place for the Florida State Titles in Sparring, Forms and Weapons for 2013 in the Men’s 30-39 division and took 2nd place World-wide in the Men’s Sparring competition.
• Amazon.com’s Editors Picked my Photoshop Compositing Secrets Book as One of Their “Best Books of 2011″ in the art and photography category.
• While I’ve been featured in many online webcasts and shows, I made my national TV debut in December 2012 on the Hallmark Channel. I was featured in a segment, along with an Adobe Lightroom demo, on the Home and Family show hosted by Mark Steines and Cristina Ferrare.
• My Photoshop Layers Book and Photoshop Compositing books have both been best sellers in their categories.
• I serve on an advisory board to Adobe to help give input on the future of their products and software.
• My personal custom Lightroom presets are actually featured in Adobe Lightroom itself.
What I do: Besides being a dad and a husband with an amazing family, I’m into Taekwondo and Crossfit. After working at Kelby Media Group for 10 years, I recently became the Vice President of Photography at ON1. In a nutshell, if it deals with teaching people about Photography, Lightroom, Photoshop, and ON1, I have my hand in it. I gotta say, its my dream job. Not the one I dreamed about when I was a kid of course, but just as good – I’m fortunate enough to totally love going to work every day.
Things I like to do: I love hanging out with my two sons Ryan and Justin. I also enjoy golf (don’t get to do it enough), Crossfit, TaeKwonDo, photography, the occasional Texas Hold-em poker nights, video games, movies. You know, the usual stuff.
Random Tidbit #1: I can remember every word, to every song, to just about every 80’s glam-rock hairband there was, but I can’t seem to remember where I put my car keys every day when I get home.
Random Tidbit #2: I used to sell Caterpillar Construction equipment when I got out of college.
Random Tidbit #3: I once got a hole-in-one in golf, on a 150 yard par 3. Truth be told, it was on a mulligan but I had three friends there to witness it and I still call it a hole-in-one (hey, you would too!).