What I’m Doing At Photoshop World This Week
Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone in the US is enjoying a great long weekend. I just got to Las Vegas for Photoshop World this week and I wanted to give you guys a quick update. I’ll probably be a little light on the blogging this week, as it gets pretty busy here, but I’ll update when I can.
Monday: The rest of the day is a free day. I’ll probably play craps and blackjack for the next 24 hours. I brought about $10,000 to gamble with so wish me luck (totally just kidding!). I do have the rest of the day free, so I’ll walk around a little but also spend some time getting ready for my classes because I won’t have much time tomorrow.
Tuesday: Tuesday is pre-conference workshop day. I’m usually teaching one but I managed to dump (sorry, I mean bestow) that responsibility to Corey this time around
I have a couple of meetings with some folks from Adobe but there is one class that I’m going to check out. It’s called Mastering the Night and it’s with Adobe Evangelist, Russell Brown, and Scott Martin. Russell has been raving about Scott’s work for years now and I’m excited to get to see this class.
Tuesday Evening: We’ve changed our customary Tweet Up to The Meetup. Corey Barker designed a cool poster for it. It’s just a casual event where people meet up and socialize for a couple of hours at the Eyecandy Bar at Mandalay Bay.
Wednesday: This is a busy one.
• Keynote: 9-10:30
• Lightroom 4 Crash Course: 10:45-11:45am
• Mastering Selections and Compositing: 12pm-1pm
• Portfolio Reviews: 1:30-2:00
• Teaching in the Peachpit Booth: 2:00-2:30
• Teaching in the Tiffen Booth: 3:15-3:45
• Teaching in the Wacom Booth: 4:00-4:30
• Photoshop World After Hours Party: 8-11pm (and we usually hang out after)
Thursday: Note quite as busy as Wednesday
• Photoshop Restoration Class: 9:30-10:30am
• Social Media for Photographers: 12-1pm
• Teaching at the Nik Software Booth: 2:00-2:30pm
• Midnight Madness: 10pm-12am
• In-n-Out Burger Trip: 12am – ? (anyone can join us after Midnight Madness)
Friday: Even less to do than Thursday but it gives me some time to roam around the Expo floor.
• Tack Sharp in Photoshop Class: 12-1pm
• Closing Wrap-up Party: 3pm
• Fly home on the dreaded red-eye
That’s my week at a glance. If you’re going to Photoshop World then make sure you stop by one of my sessions and say hi.